March 13, 2008

Sylph - Quick Stitch

design by Brigid Ashwood
Heaven and Earth Designs
Cross-stitch 2 over 1 on 18ct cream aida
Finished: August 16th, 2006

This quick stitch consisted of about 50 colors, but the blends didn't come out well at all, especially in her face. The original looked like she got sun-burnt and her skin was peeling. This is a self-adjusted re-colored version around her mouth area, but I still think it looks pretty bad, albeit much better than the original.

I was very, very disappointed with how this one stitched up, and up to this particular piece, every other project has lived up to my expectation and their design photograph. I feel that this could have been charted sooooo much better, and wish that I could take all those hours I've spent on her back. :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh Joyce....I'm so sorry this turned out so badly for you. I have to agree that the charting is horrible. Did you have to rechart the colors yourself? Did I read that right?? Well, at least this was something that you can recommend not to stitch to others. Hugs! On a good note, a finish is a finish so congrats on this finish!!